Here is the best advice for your perfect wedding day look. Follow these simple skin and hair tips to look fabulous on your wedding day. The very best piece of advice is to do a trial run of the hair and make-up you want a month before your wedding day with the same artists that will be doing them when the day comes. Use these professionals’ personalized advice on how to maintain your skin and hair. This will help you gauge the amount of time it takes, that everything is the way you like it, and that your skin won’t react to any of the products used.
- Drink at least 10 glasses of water a day. This will replenish your fluids, clear your system, and prevent basic breakouts through hydration.
- Stop using harsh facial scrubs like apricot scrubs. Not only do they remove dead skin, but many live skin cells as well. This leaves your face more prone to bacterial infection and deep blemishes.
- Wash your face every other day with a gentle, beaded scrub instead of that harsh stuff.
- Let your pores breathe by using a daily face wash with Salicylic Acid in it. Dermatologists recommend opening up your pores this way to make your face look fresh. NOTE: Salicylic Acid reacts with certain other ingredients, so consult with your dermatologist before using it with any prescription face washes or acne treatments.
- Use make-up that your skin is familiar with to prevent breakouts.
- Ensure that your concealer matches the color of your skin perfectly.
- Make sure that the color of your face and neck match. Many people forget that they have caked powder on their face that is slightly lighter than their actual skin color, which will show on their neck and ears.
- Wash your hair the night before your wedding day instead of in the morning.
- If you have flat or thin hair, your hair will be easier to sculpt if you don’t condition it the night before the wedding.
- Ensure that your hair is completely dry before you go to sleep.
- Get a trim the week before your wedding by a professional you trust. This will make sure that your hair is evenly layered and split ends are minimal on your wedding day.
- For dry hair, don’t wash your hair too much the week of your wedding. The more often you use products, the drier your hair will look.
Follow these simple pieces of advice to keep you skin glowing and your hair silky smooth. Looking great on you wedding day will help you feel calm and happy. Good Luck Beautiful!